Thursday, August 9, 2007

Burn

I sit here, typing on this little computer, in this little prayer room, pouring my heart out over God and this nation, over my hometown, over my home church, over my friends back in Kalamazoo, over my family, over my new friends that I've just made, and over my training and future ministry. God has shown me some amazing things, but I never thought in a million years that at this moment in time, I would be living in Kansas City, Missouri, being completely transformed by God's passion and unfailing love and faithfulness and everlasting, never-ending JOY! I finally realize that God's in control, whether I like it or not, and He did choose me for such a time as this, and this is where He wants me right now. This is my safe haven, my escape from the world. God's taken me up from normal every-day life and plucked me away, and now He's preparing me. He's preparing me for something amazing, something so awesome that I cannot even comprehend! All I know is that I've now been marked for life. I now know where God wants me, and what He wants me doing. I've been called as an intercessor, a forerunner for the awesome outpouring that's about to occur on our little nation and our little world. God's about to grab it in His hands and shake it apart, and all I know is that I'm going to be prepared for it!

Thank you God, thank you for revealing the place that you called me to be at for my training and transformation! Thank you God, that you instantly took care of my living situation right after I was accepted! Thank you Lord, that I've already made lifelong friends on only my second day of orientations here! Thankyou God, you still did all these things even when I didn't have enough faith to believe that you would be able to!

"I've set myself on fire, and people come to watch me burn." - John Wesley

Jarrod, totally abandoned.

No comments: