Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Prayer of Jabez

It's so amazing what can be expounded on one singular verse in scripture - and oh how much more when it's a prayer; a deep cry from your very soul to the very heart of Yahweh God, The Great I AM.

The Prayer of Jabez is hidden in 1 Chronicles 4:10 in the Old Testament. Right in the middle of who begot who and who begot who, Jabez is born out of pain from his mother. But, he was more honorable than his brothers, and cried out to the Lord for blessing:

“Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!”

And God heard his request, and granted it unto him! How powerful is that? God heard him and answered him, only because he asked of the Lord! He had faith to believe that God would answer his cry, and did not depend on the things of this passing world. He cried out to the God of Jacob, Isaac, and Abraham for blessing, and the Lord heard his plea and came down and answered him!

When I have been outcast by all, and none will even look upon me, or I am in my greatest need, this prayer, coming from deep within touches the very Heart of God. "Ooooooooooooooooh Lord, that you would BLESS me INDEED. God, expand my boundaries! Lord, that your hand would be with me at all times, and that you would keep me from wicked and perverse ways! Let me not cause pain, but protect me with your strong and mighty arm! God, You love me, if You didn't love me, You wouldn't have died for me. That proved Your ultimate love for me, Lord. That though I'm worth nothing, You gave Your very life down for me and cherish me to the uttermost!"

The great power in prayer that the enemy tries to keep secret from us is that in those times in which we pray and feel nothing, cry out to Yahweh God and get no response, lay flat on our faces before the Lord Almighty in times of greatest distress and He appears not to be there—those are actually the most meaningful prayers to the Lord. He collects our tears in His bottle, and He does not forget them! He knows our inner-most being and all our thoughts, and it's when we go through those dry seasons where we can't even find what God is trying to tell us, and can't feel Him at all, that God listens to us the most. For when we find that we rely on God not by the circumstances surrounding us or the feelings we receive on the inside, but on the very basis of belief, is when He looks down and smiles upon us, and answers our feeble cries for help. That is the truth of absolute faith.


Jarrod



P.S. Sorry for the blog drought, my schedule is absolutely packed right now. I'm working on a two-part blog right now that will be out soon - and for all you supporters I'm trying to get my next support letter done, hopefully I'll have it out by April 15th! I'm so sorry it isn't already out, but there will be some huge updates in it with where God is directing me and what He's been doing the past couple of months in my life!

No comments: