Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Becoming a Voice

Wrap Your Word around my face, that I may feel your embrace,
Blind me with the light of your law, that I may gaze in awe,
Do not forget me O Lord, when you cast me into the wilderness.

As I enter unknown land, may I learn to make a stand,
And the ecstasy of Your glory once touched, now become too much (or not enough),
Remember me O Lord, when you find me in the wilderness.

And as I ascribe all that I have to you, I would but glow a brighter hue,
Not me, but you inside, that I may be prepared a spotless bride.
Send me a messenger O Lord, when you see me in this wilderness.


Lord, let my words be few, but let the impact be great. I don't want to name that I'm alive if I'm dead on the inside. If all I am is words - they will be forgotten. If all I do is speak - it's echoes will fall to dust. I don't want a voice. I want to BE the voice. That I might die entirely, every day, willingly enter into the place of that wilderness where God can take hold of me and speak through me and dwell in me. That I may be open to the Lord sending me a messenger who would tell me what I am living for - for one moment, and seeing it fulfilled. That I absolutely WILL NOT give the enemy any ground, and will not turn rocks into bread - but would wait for the angelic food that is to come. That in the latter days when all is ground to dust and trials and tribulations break loose on this earth - I will have the KEY, the manual, the guideline - to living out the second book of Acts.

I am not the prophet of old you look for. I am not the messiah you're seeking after. I'm the voice of the one crying out in the wilderness, preparing the way of the Lord.

I am a forerunner. One of many. One of few. And I choose to eat the scroll.

No comments: