Tuesday, December 25, 2007

A Much Awaited Christmas Gift

God is so faithful, and it is so good to see things being fulfilled and renewed, and restoration taking place where it needs to most.

I thank God for such a wonderful Christmas. Waking up with presents all around and smiling faces of my family, all together again for the holidays, as we sit around the Christmas tree and pass around our gifts; we all really went all out this year. But today I received a few very special gifts:

I saw the smiling face of my mother as she was so happy that Rob and Josh and I cleaned up the house late last night to surprise her in the morning.

I saw restoration in my brother-in-law, and still see it coming about. He is changing back, or moving forward, whichever you wish to call it, into who he was and who he is supposed to be. There has been a shift in the natural realm as his marriage has been restored and he has improved in relationships with me and others. Now I am awaiting the spiritual shift to occur, and I got what I asked for from him for Christmas: He's coming down to Kansas City for Onething, which is a huge prayer answered after interceding and praying for him for the past few months as he's endured hardships and trials. Now I only pray that he allow God to show up to him on the heart level and allow himself to be transformed completely at this conference. God wants to, He's been waiting for a very long time, being merciful and patient, and He's just waiting for Rob to say yes.

I saw improved relationships between me and my siblings and cousins and aunt as well, we've all grown apart as we experience life in our own ways, but this Christmas season we've come closer together. I felt genuine hugs and had real conversations with many of them, and it's nice to see we're all actually growing up.

I saw my grandparents being their same old selves, yet getting older, and found I had to cherish what I had with them, as they might not be around much longer.


I see people changing and being changed, and I see God's will being done in many lives. There are many more things we must allow Him to do in our lives for us to be completely transformed, but as a flower slowly blooms, so we are slowly opening up and revealing the true colors and nature that God has called us all too.

As I prepare to go back down to Kansas City, I look forward to even more transformation in my next semester. Some say what I'm doing isn't smart. Going to an non-accredited college for a piece of paper that means nothing in the world's eyes. But I don't have my eye on that. I'm receiving training for whatever other missions in life that God will call me to. I'm learning more than I have learned in my entire life about God, and being transformed by His love and power twenty-four/seven in an ever-growing prayer room. I may not have a steady job right now making lots of money to prepare for a future, but I serve God Himself, and last I checked He owns every penny on this earth, and I think that's enough for me. I don't have the funds for my next semester yet, not sufficient enough (I need $1500 to cover it, and it's due January 4th). I don't know how, and I don't know from where, but I do know this: God is my provider, and wherever that money comes from I will leave in His hands, because I know that He will provide. I know of miraculous finances coming out of nowhere literally, and I have not a single doubt in my mind that my Lord and Savior, Jehovah Jireh can provide a small sum such as I need.

It truly has been a wonderful Christmas, and I await just one more gift by the Lord that He's promised me, since the others are already coming or have come already, and I will put my total trust in Him for this gift as well. He will do as He has planned. Not a rock is turned nor a single thing done without the knowledge of the living, breathing, creating God, and He will bring all things to pass that He has prepared for His son.

I pray that everyone has had as good of a Christmas as I have this year, as I reflect and thank Jesus for all that He's done in my life, even in just this past six months or so. From transformation to revelation, revelation to proclamation, proclamation to acclamation, and acclamation to restoration..... Our God is a living flame, a consuming fire, and He is dazzling in beauty and rage, fire and water, jasper and sardius. He is altogether lovely, and He loves to bless His children.

Lord, rain down your blessings on your children, bring transformation, bring restoration, bring your fire, bring your Holy Spirit, bring your rain, bring your peace, bring your rage, bring justice and bring mercy; come restore your people as we wait for you as a lovesick people for their bridegroom, in Jesus' name, bring restoration (to my brother-in-law, to my sister, to my other sister, to both of my wonderful cousins, to my uncle, to my family). Amen.

Jarrod

No comments: